Kristin School Campus Master Plan
Working together, planning for future growth
Kristin School is an independent, co-educational school with 1400 students from kindergarten to high school age. Since 2000, Boffa Miskell has been assisting the school to progressively develop the 20-hectare campus during a period of rapid expansion.
A campus master plan was developed to provide an overall framework for future development which would:
- enhance the site’s landscape and ecological features within a functional site layout
- optimise on-site learning opportunities for students;
- integrate buildings into the landscape setting;
- unify the campus with a select palette of high-quality construction materials and plant species;
- create specially-designed amenity areas for students and teaching staff; and
- emphasise the distinctive educational character of the junior, middle and senior component schools.
We have worked alongside the school management team to assist in prioritising, budgeting and programming the campus development projects identified in the master plan. Implementation of each project has involved:
- detailed design, developed in consultation with students and teaching staff;
- full contract documentation;
- management of competitive tendering;
- contract administration and supervision of the site works.
|Project team||John Potter |
Warren & Mahoney (architects)
The past and present pupils and staff of Kristin School
|Project date||2000 - 2011 |